We use state of the art measurement tools to accurately measure high-speed signals and power buses. Our tools help us quantify critical signal properties, develop models, and perform model verification and correlation to ensure confidence in our simulations. We can measure the following interfaces: LVDS, HDMI, USB, DDRx, APIX, Ethernet, SDIO, RSDS, RGB, etc…
Here is an overview of some of our capabilities in this area:
Time-domain measurements are needed to evaluate signal-integrity and timing dependencies of high-speed signals and to measure voltage noise at various PDN locations (i.e. power planes and IC pins). Our instrumentation is based on Agilent/Keysight products, paired with their built-in Automated Verification Apps and independently developed verification scripts.
Accurate SI and PI measurements require low noise scope and low capacitance active probes. Below is the list our time-domain equipment:
- Infiniium scope 40 GSa/s, 4GHz – DSO80404B
- 5 GHz active differential probe/amplifier – 1132A
- 3.5 GHz active differential probe/amplifier – 1131A
- 4 GHz active single-ended probe/amplifier – 1158A
- InfiniiMax 12 GHz solder-in probe heads: E2677B and E2678A
- InfiniiMax 6 GHz browser probe heads: E2675A and E2676A
Accurate Probing Capability
Working with high-density boards probing at the desired location can be challenging. This challenge is overcome by using precision micro-positioners and microscopes. By using such equipment, in many cases we are able to perform accurate measurements without the need for costly interposer boards.
Frequency-domain measurements are needed to characterize high speed interconnects and power distribution networks. These types of data are very useful for understanding the impact of cables, connectors and IC packages. They can also be used for creating subcomponents s-parameter models and characterizing PCBs and FFCs.
Here is the list of our frequency-domain equipment:
- VNA 9GHz, 4-channel – E5080A
- Calibration Kit 50 ohms, 9 GHz – 85032F
- S-parameter calibration substrate 50 & 100 ohms – TCS60
- RF probes 18 GHz – SP-GR-181508
Contact us to discuss how our tools can help you launch product successfully.